The commitment by WDSrx to employee well-being is rooted in our standards for Environmental Health and Safety. Woodfield Distribution, LLC complies with guidelines set by OSHA and follows specific Standard Operating Procedures outlining proper safety practices. Our Environmental Health and Safety initiatives and sustainability programs increase awareness, motivation and productivity.
TRAINING BUILDS CONFIDENCE
Our workforce is trained regularly to establish best practices that maintain a safe work environment. Risk-mitigation efforts are devoted to minimizing injury from existing tasks and evaluating new procedures to anticipate and reduce potential for bodily harm. This continuous analysis fosters proactive decision-making for short and long-term health and wellness practices.
COMPANY-WIDE EHS INVOLVEMENT
Employees at every level are encouraged to promote environmental health and safety. Established policies demonstrate this company-wide objective.
- WDSrx administers a written safety and health policy to minimize on-the-job employee accidents and injuries
- Safety and health is integrated into our overall management planning process, and workers are involved in safety planning, resource allocation, audits, etc.
- Health and safety protocols instituted for COVID-19 remain in effect to minimize risk
- Safety and health concerns are communicated through regular safety and health trainings
- We have specific safety and health program goals and objectives, with specific indicators to measure progress
- Senior management addresses safety issues through written communications or in company gatherings at least quarterly
- We have a formal safety reporting system for employees to submit their safety concerns
- Our safety procedures are easily accessible for all on-site personnel, including workers, non-managerial staff, and visitors
Compensation – Personal dignity is embedded in our culture and nurtured at WDSrx. Employees are compensated according to competitive wage rates in locations where the work is performed and in compliance with all applicable laws. Depending on annual review and experience, WDSrx may determine subjective labor rates, but these rates never drop below market labor rates.
Hours of employment adhere to relevant laws and policies for Paid Time Off and leave privileges are detailed in the WDSrx Employment Manual.
Discrimination/Rights – WDSrx does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
PROMOTING INTERESTS WITH GOVERNMENT AND INDUSTRY
WDSrx benefits from active outreach and communication with local, regional and national government and public/private organizations to promote business, industry and community interests. Our expertise is beneficial to government representatives seeking input from local businesses to support employment programs. Working at the crossroads of healthcare and transportation, WDSrx leadership participates in industry trade groups dedicated to the future of the logistics industry. Maintaining open lines of communication with industry and government helps assure streamlined information exchange in times of natural or other disaster. Our role within the supply chain is of vital importance that may help direct recovery efforts and act as a communication channel providing information and assistance in disaster situations.
WDSrx is an active member of trade associations including the Healthcare Distribution Alliance (HDA), the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS), BioFlorida, BioHouston, BioNJ, and BioOhio. Leadership at WDSrx participates in committee membership for the Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, The Health and Personal Care Products Council and Palm Beach State College.